What is the new coronavirus?
The new coronavirus is a new strain of coronavirus that has not previously been detected in humans. The outbreak in China has caused 2019 coronavirus-nCoV.
Where cases of infection caused by a coronavirus 2019-nCoV?
Isolated imported cases registered in Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Thailand, South Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia, Nepal, Japan, Australia, France, USA. It is reported that most people who have previously visited the city of Wuhan.
How can you get an infection caused by a coronavirus 2019-nCoV?
The first cases were associated with staying on the seafood market in Wuhan, which was also carried out manufacturing some kinds of animals, birds and reptiles, which could conceivably be a source of infection for the population. From person to person the infection is transmitted by airborne droplets.
What are the main symptoms of infection caused by the 2019 coronavirus-nCoV?
The main symptoms – fever, cough, shortness of breath, general malaise.
How to prevent getting an infection caused by a coronavirus 2019-nCoV?
Vaccine against infections caused by 2019 coronavirus-nCoV, in the present moment does not exist.
- to avoid contact with people with symptoms of respiratory infections, and also places of a mass congestion of people, to use the means of respiratory protection (disposable medical masks, respirators);
- to observe respiratory etiquette when sneezing or coughing;
- do not to visit zoos, cultural events with the involvement of animals and the place where the trade of animals, seafood, poultry;
- to comply with hand hygiene (using soap and antiseptic agents), including after visits to places of a mass congestion of people
- to use only enough heat-processed animal products, heat treated or bottled water;
After arriving from countries where cases of infection caused by coronavirus 2019-nCoV have been reported, it is necessary to minimize contact with others, not attend mass events and monitor changes in health status within 14 days after arrival.
In the case of the onset of symptoms of possible infectious disease (fever, cough, dyspnea, and others) should immediately seek medical help in the organization of health care (through the assistant in Russian) minimizing contact with others (call an ambulance), and tell health care workers about the symptoms and the fact the arrival of the country where cases of infection caused by a coronavirus 2019-nCoV.